- Spring 2005 Newsletter Is Here!
- After a long wait, the newest -- and by far the BIGGEST -- newsletter is now available for download online.
You can find the newest A to Z at the top of our newsletter archive page in the Members section.
For nonmembers, selected articles are available for free.
- Lesley Peters Is New Events Editor
- Join us in welcoming our new events editor,
Lesley Peters. Effective March 2005, Lesley will be our conduit between the world of our SIG
and the rest of the indexing world out there. Please welcome Lesley by sharing events you think the SIG
members would appreciate by visiting our events page and contacting Lesley
with your ideas.
- "The Indexing Revival" (cover article)
- Congratulations to SIG member and webmaster Seth Maislin for the cover
article of Intercom (February 2005). Download the PDF article.
- 2006 Indexing Conference in Toronto, Ontario
- The joint conference for the American Society of Indexers (ASI) and the Indexing and Abstracting Society of Canada (IASC)
will be in Toronto this year, in either late May or early June. This is the international indexing conference, which takes place
every three years. Mark your calendars now! A call for papers will be available soon.
- Our Newsletter
- Our editors publish an award-winning newsletter in January, May, and September. Newsletters are
posted online at this website. All newsletters are available online as PDF files in our newsletter archive,
for members only. SIG members also receive an email message once a new issue has been posted to the website.
- Joining the Indexing SIG
- Any STC member can join the Indexing SIG. To join,
contact the STC administrative offices at
There is a $5.00 fee to be a SIG member; this is to cover
the production and mailing costs of our newsletter.
- How Do You Look in Our Database?
- If you're a SIG member, please take a minute to
look yourself up in STC's national database and confirm that your personal information
is current. The e-mail address is especially important, because this is how we contact you when a new
issue of A to Z is posted at this site.
- American Society of Indexers
- The American Society of Indexers
is a national membership organization
promoting excellence in indexing. ASI is the only professional organization
in the United States devoted solely to the advancement of indexing,
abstracting, and database building. The ASI website,
publications, and annual conference are excellent sources of information
about indexing and related topics.
- Indexing Phone Seminars
- New phone seminars are on the schedule! For a full list of STC's
seminars, see http://www.stc.org/seminars.asp.
Previous seminars have been recorded by the speaker, our webmaster, and are being