STC Email List Training
How to set up the account for a list administrator
When STC creates an email list for you, you are the list administrator. If you have volunteered to become a list administrator (also called a list manager), the current list administrator will follow these steps to make you an administrator. You can follow these steps to change your settings or make someone else a list administrator.
- Go to the website for your list, and login.
- Click List Admin.
- Click Members then find the email address of the subscriber whose record you want to edit. As a list administrator you see all the settings when you edit the record. Users who are not administrators see only a few settings.
- Highlight the email address > Click Edit Member.
- Under List Administrator Settings, set the following values:
List Admin? = Yes
Admin Mail = Yes, if there is only one list administrator because that person must receive administrator mail. This means that all e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org is sent to the administrator, as are requests to join the list and subscription reports if the list is set up to receive those.
If there are multiple administrators, all administrators can receive administrator mail, but they do not all have to receive it.
Moderation = Yes for at least one administrator. If you choose to set individual members so their posts are moderated for a time, an administrator must receive notices of messages to moderate. (When such a message arrives, read it and follow the instructions within.) You can set the whole list to be moderated, but that is unusual in STC.
Bypass = No
Error mail = No. You do not want to receive notices of bounced mail, which the list server handles automatically. There are a lot of bounces, and multiple notifications so error mail is very high volume.
- Under Error Mail Handling, select “No, never put this member on hold, even if they bounce too much mail.”
- Save the settings.
This training was developed by Michele Marques, manager of the STC Single Sourcing SIG and long time list manager for that SIG.